With 26 years of driving experience in her rear-view mirror, Sexcina has ample wisdom and knowledge to share. At the top of the list is her passion for safety. Her motto of “better safe than sorry” is born of having seen just about everything over the open roads – even having to navigate a concrete boulder barrelling down the highway toward her truck! Yet, having experienced a tragic loss in her family, her passion is fundamentally driven by her desire to protect and appreciate life. She speaks with incredible grace and depth about this topic and much more. We’re honored to have her with us on today’s episode of the #SixFigureTrucker.
- What’s in a name – “They call me Sexy for short” (1:05)
- Get to know the life and losses of Sexcina Monroe (1:47)
- Expert advice for Winter Driving (4:35)
- This 26-year veteran talks about the growing fraternity of women in trucking (11:38)
- The pros, cons, and prep around CNG fuel (17:26)
- Crazy Stories: Sexcina navigates concrete boulders on the highway! (20:16)
- Behind the scenes with Sexcina on a typical week over the road (24:38)
- Sexcina loves a good Freightliner Cascadia, but loves long runs even more (29:17)
- Planning Hotel stays and avoiding Bed Bugs! (31:52)
- Sexcina talks about her Holiday plans and goals for 2023 (34:48)
- Appreciating the excellent Dispatchers at Norton (40:00)
- Sexcina gives a homerun pitch for Driveaway as we wrap this episode (44:45)
The Six Figure Trucker is a weekly conversation that shares the strategies and stories that successful drivers have used to build lucrative careers in the trucking industry.