A born trucker, Eric Ryan, or “Big E” as we call him, has found his true north in driveaway. As he shares with us today, these last five years in driveaway with Norton Transport have been revolutionary. With driveaway, Big E has fixed his compass and charted his course toward success. He has found mental, financial, and physical health and strength, and he’s not slowing down. Now, this doesn’t surprise us as we seek to routinely highlight the big-time perks behind the wheel of this industry. For example, the simultaneous offer of incredible freedom and flexibility with the chance to make life-changing money is alluring to anyone. But you’d be hard-pressed to find someone who has leveraged it better and loves it more than our guest today. He’s a great man and driver who also happens to be a great interview. You don’t want to miss a single minute of today’s episode as Big E drops the mic on this edition of the #SixFigureTrucker.
- Catching up with Eric Ryan over the road in New York (1:25)
- Eric’s love/hate relationship with CNG (4:51)
- Balance, Bonuses, and Blessings in Driveaway (14:28)
- Big E and his Dispatchers form a well-oiled machine (22:00)
- The Evolution of Trucking and Driveaway (26:52)
- Raising a future Truckdriver and keeping Family First (32:34)
- The hungry Dawg gets that Bonus! (39:11)
- How About a Vacation…or TWO! (43:00)
- Honesty = Respect (47:38)
- “I’ll drive until I can’t hold the wheel!” Big E loves Trucking (50:15)
- From Big E to Big Slim and the top of his game (54:12)
- As we conclude, Eric gives a heck of a Driveaway Pitch (1:04)
Keep Truckin’, Big E!
The Six Figure Trucker is a weekly conversation that shares the strategies and stories that successful drivers have used to build lucrative careers in the trucking industry.