Closing in on 75 years of age, you’d think our guest today would have his sights set on someplace warm and slow. Not Joe Abbott. His sights are set on the open road because, for him, retirement would be a step-down. He loves the view behind the wheel. So, with his conversion van in tow, this road warrior keeps them hot. Driving over 300 days a year, he has been a fixture in driveaway for 26 years. As such, he’s a man with the wisdom to share and stories to tell. We’re pleased to welcome Joe Abbott on today’s episode of the #SixFigureTrucker.
- Catching up with Joe on his way from Florida to Georgia (1:07)
- Towing his House on Wheels saves time and money (4:00)
- A Road Warrior 300 days a year! (10:07)
- Joe talks about his story and journey in Driveaway Trucking (11:12)
- Just call me Joe…or Captain Hook (16:36)
- The “Land of Enchantment” – beauty in New Mexico and California (20:00)
- Meeting Strange and Interesting Characters over the road (25:00)
- Joe reps Mennonite Welders in Goshen, Indiana (31:14)
- The ins and outs of Tow Behind (33:38)
- Winner winner, Chicken Dinner at the Norton office (43:53)
- Joe talks about the benefits of Driveaway and retirement (45:49)
- As we wrap up this episode, Joe pitches driveaway! (48:17)
Keep Truckin’, Joe!
The Six-Figure Trucker is a weekly conversation that shares the strategies and stories that successful drivers have used to build lucrative careers in the driveaway trucking industry.