Though we unashamedly extoll the life-changing opportunities within driveaway trucking on this podcast, we also seek to reflect on the challenges that surface in this industry. For example, there is always the potential for obstacles like inclement weather or mechanical breakdowns over the road. The driver’s response to issues like these will make or break them. Our guest today has learned to invoke what he calls the Serenity Prayer in moments of misfortune or frustration. As a result, Marvin Miller says that his glass is never half-empty. As he will teach us today, everything you face will offer a lesson or a blessing, and both can work to your advantage, depending upon your response. We’re pleased to welcome this 17-year veteran and his wisdom to the show! Tune in now to this episode of the #SixFigureTrucker.
- Catching up with Marvin on his way to Vegas (1:14)
- Stay prepared for the Winter weather (2:24)
- Stranded for 8 days in a Blizzard (4:50)
- The Serenity Prayer is Marvin’s motto (9:00)
- Kansas City and some Great Food with Friends! (13:17)
- Marvin’s journey to Trucking and Driveaway (23:03)
- Growing the Driver to Dispatcher relationship (28:17)
- Seeing our nation’s “magic” over the road (31:00)
- Battling bad diets and limited exercise over the road (34:50)
- Marvin’s favorite places have everything to do with the people (38:00)
- “Plumbline” (40:00)
- Freedom and Flexibility! Marvin pitches Driveaway (44:30)
Keep Truckin’, Marvin!
The Six Figure Trucker is a weekly conversation that shares the strategies and stories that successful drivers have used to build lucrative careers in the trucking industry.