Our guest on this week’s episode has a wide array of driveaway experience. Eddie McTheney has spent over a decade with several companies, and he shares the pros and cons of working with Norton, his love for the Florida Gators, his brand new Dodge Ram truck, his upcoming trip to the Bahamas, and more. Eddie’s experience and “go-getter” attitude have helped him build a successful career, and he gives advice on how you can do the same. Don’t miss this week’s #SixFigureTrucker episode.
Highlights from this week’s conversation include:
- Eddie’s upcoming trip to the Bahamas (2:02)
- How temperament helps in trucking (4:39)
- Making money and saving money in driveaway (5:51)
- Planning trips (8:46)
- Comparing other companies with Norton Transport (12:33)
- Florida Gators football (13:32)
- Eddie’s brand new Dodge Ram truck (19:03)
- Owning your own business vs. working for a company (21:31)
- Decking (26:17)
- Coolest things Eddie has seen on the road (29:29)
- Dealing with truck breakdowns (35:47)
- Advice for aspiring truck drivers (45:17)
Keep Truckin’, Eddie!
The Six Figure Trucker is a weekly conversation that shares the strategies and stories that successful drivers have used to build lucrative careers in the trucking industry.