You’d think it might be difficult to trust a guy who swears to have seen an actual ghost on the road. And to be clear, that’s exactly what today’s guest claims. On a stretch of freeway reported to be haunted, Arnie Teran insists that his lights flickered and then momentarily went dark. When his high beams returned, an apparition in a red dress was directly in front of him, hovering over the highway ahead. Who is this Arnie Teran, you ask? Well, he’s not the kind to be loose with the truth or exaggerate a story. Arnie Teran is one of the most trustworthy drivers we know. In fact, in this conversation, he’ll tell us that the surest way to build trust is to always keep your word. Arnie tells it like it is as he shares valuable advice and great stories from his 22 years behind the wheel. So, while there is a certain stretch of highway that you may be wise to avoid, only a fool would avoid this episode of the #SixFigureTrucker.
- Welcoming 22-year Trucking Vet Arnie Teran (1:00)
- The Importance of Trust in the driver to dispatcher relationship (2:48)
- Arnie’s previous Professions and side hustles (6:00)
- Training Drivers (14:15)
- Independent Contracting, Deck Driving, and Kenworths! (17:04)
- Ghost Stories and Crazy Times over the Road (23:28)
- A True Professional (32:12)
- Dreams Come True through Driveaway (34:40)
- As he looks ahead, Arnie highlights the perks of Driveaway (37:43)
Keep Truckin’ Arnie
The Six-Figure Trucker is a weekly conversation that shares the strategies and stories that successful drivers have used to build lucrative careers in the driveaway trucking industry brought to you by Norton Transport.