If Franklin Snooks had his way, he’d take in the setting sun from a beach chair rather than through the windshield of a truck. He’d quickly trade the aroma of diesel for the smells of a low-country boil of blue crab. He wouldn’t think twice about swapping the open roads for his happy place along the eastern seaboard. A native of the historic harbor city of Charleston, Franklin is often gone to Carolina in his mind. And in Driveaway, he has found his ticket home. Driving trucks has been his gig since the nineties, but his recent return to the Driveaway space with Norton Transport has been a game-changer. This career behind the wheel affords him more scheduling freedom and flexibility than he could ever have imagined. Tune in to hear Franklin’s journey to freedom in the lucrative and flexible world of Driveaway on today’s episode of the #SixFigureTrucker.
- We catch up with Franklin on the road in a brand-new Kenworth (1:05)
- Driving Fed-Ex double trailer’s before coming to Norton (7:33)
- Pre-trip Inspections and Safety (11:22)
- Transporting beer for Budweiser in the ’90s! (15:10)
- A native Charlestonian, Franklin loves his seafood and the beach! (16:30)
- Franklin’s Approach to Food and Drink over the Road (21:40)
- The perks of freedom and flexibility in Driveaway (29:17)
- Franklin’s playlist for the Open Roads (32:00)
- The Kindness of People out there (35:27)
- Best and Worst Experiences and Places over the Road (39:25)
- Franklin pitches Driveaway as we close (51:52)
Keep Truckin’ Franklin
The Six-Figure Trucker is a weekly conversation that shares the strategies and stories that successful drivers have used to build lucrative careers in the driveaway trucking industry brought to you by Norton Transport.