Today’s guest saw Jerry Garcia and the Grateful Dead live in concert when he was sixteen. Chris Woods was hooked. He would tell you that everything you need to know in life can be found in the lyrics of a Grateful Dead song. His obsession as a “Deadhead” eventually led him on tour to follow other classic jam bands like Fish and Widespread Panic. So, to hear that Chris Woods is a free spirit with an affinity for open roads should come as no surprise. And when he was introduced to Driveaway, it was a match made in heaven. In Driveaway, Chris has found the pace he’s always craved to prioritize time with his family and carve out space for his side gig as a professional artist. And as a tow-behind specialist, he’s even found a way to maximize his time and profits. Is it any wonder that the “Deadhead” gets great sleep in his Jeep? Don’t miss a minute of this fascinating conversation with Chris Woods on the #SixFigureTrucker.
- This Tow-Behind driver loves to Sleep in his Jeep! (1:03)
- Chris loves his Freedom in Driveaway (12:25)
- A “Deadhead” and a “Spreadhead”, this driver has a long history with some historic jam bands (13:30)
- Having done it all, Chris picks Driveaway as his favorite career (19:45)
- Chris loves his kids and loves his freedom to be a good dad (22:00)
- This Driver is also an Artist (30:18)
- Chris takes us behind his planning strategy in Driveaway (34:25)
- Doing Art projects with His kids and living his best Life! (44:00)
- As we wrap, Chris pitches the pros and cons of Driveaway (46:44)
Keep Truckin’ Chris
The Six-Figure Trucker is a weekly conversation that shares the strategies and stories that successful drivers have used to build lucrative careers in the driveaway trucking industry brought to you by Norton Transport.