As a crane operator, Erik would routinely work 90-hour weeks. He would come home exhausted and with nothing left for his family. Yet, even after those long, hard days, his phone would incessantly ring as he was pressured to give more and more of himself to “the Man.” But then Erik discovered Driveaway and became his own man. As an independent contractor, Erik now works at his own pace and on his own schedule. And to top it off, he makes more money now than he ever has! Erik Salinas loves his family and is passionate about being there for them. Hear how Driveaway has dramatically changed his and his family’s life on today’s episode of the #SixFigureTrucker.
- Catching up with Erik after a delivery in Mankato, MN (1:09)
- Despite the cold, Erik loves the Dakotas! (3:56)
- We detail Erik’s journey to Decking (8:16)
- Driveaway is for the Family Man (11:20)
- Behind every great driver is a great Dispatcher! (14:57)
- At home in Texas for the Salinas family (19:20)
- A Beach Vacation for the Family on the Horizon! (24:00)
- Life is good! You can’t beat the Flexibility of Driveaway (28:44)
- The Midwest is Best (33:33)
- A Day in the Life of a Deck Driver (34:46)
- As we wrap, Erik shares some advice and pitches Driveaway (40:31)
Keep Truckin’, Erik!
The Six-Figure Trucker is a weekly conversation that shares the strategies and stories that successful drivers have used to build lucrative careers in the driveaway trucking industry brought to you by Norton Transport.