Growing up on the Caribbean Island of Barbados, life was simple, free, and easy for Reginald Clarke. And though thousands of miles away, he retains the happy and positive vibe typical of Island life. But don’t mistake his easygoing spirit for a lack of hustle. No way, mon! Our boy from Barbados has had a knack for business from the jump. In fact, he used to save his bus fare by walking to school so that he was flush with coin when the newest video game was released. Reggie made his way to the United States when he was fifteen and, by 2006, was perched behind the wheel of a rig. Don’t miss the fresh stories and perspectives from a driveaway driver who’s always positive on today’s episode of the #SixFigureTrucker.
- No Spotty reception or Bad directions can keep Reggie down! (1:05)
- Reggie uses the “Smith System” for Safety (6:40)
- Reggie’s backstory from Caribbean life in Barbados to the States and a Truck (8:11)
- Some scrapes and a pink slip that led to a great learning experience (17:30)
- Reggie’s side hustle as a Caribbean Themed Event planner (21:00)
- Having a Great Team is crucial in Driveaway and Event planning (30:05)
- Reggie’s life as a Trucker and his life-changing move to Driveaway (31:40)
- How becoming a Dad impacts his present and future goals (36:50)
- Reggie’s best experiences over the road involve great people (39:10)
Keep Truckin’ Reggie!
The Six-Figure Trucker is a weekly conversation that shares the strategies and stories that successful drivers have used to build lucrative careers in the driveaway trucking industry brought to you by Norton Transport.