After graduating from Penn State University and landing his first big job in Dallas, Rod Twakihikira thought he had made it. Having immigrated to the U.S. from Africa in his teens, he had the grit and the drive. Having graduated from one of the nation’s top 20 Universities, he had the smarts. Having literally modeled underwear for Calvin Klein, he certainly had the looks. Behind his desk, in his swanky new suit, he had all the makings of another African American success story. And he is a success story; make no mistake about it. But not behind a desk and not in a swanky suit. No, he traded all that for a wheel and the open roads. It was a trade that more than tripled his income and secured his freedom. The unbeatable combination of money and time in driveaway has this handsome driver smiling all the way to the bank! It’s a fascinating story and a great conversation you don’t want to miss on today’s episode of the #SixFigureTrucker.
- Out of Africa – Hear Rod’s fascinating backstory (1:17)
- The Penn State grad tripled his salary by leaving his white-collar job for Trucking (10:37)
- Deck Driving has been a life-saver, especially after a Bad Investment (18:33)
- A Celebrity Driver! He’s Tik Tok Famous and a Model for Calvin Klein (23:53)
- The incredible benefits of Driveaway Trucking (27:30)
- Pros and Cons of Deck Driving (32:53)
- A crazy pile-up that made him think (38:15)
- The importance of exercise when you’re running hard (41:45)
- Rod looks down the road with his goals for the next decade (46:26)
- “Why would you not do it?” Rod pitches driveaway (51:36)
Keep Trucking, Rod!
The Six Figure Trucker is a weekly conversation that shares the strategies and stories that successful drivers have used to build lucrative careers in the trucking industry brought to you by Norton Transport.