Going once, going twice…hey, we’re sold on John Marshall! He’s a veteran truck driver who’s also had a long career as an auctioneer and real estate agent. But, if he had to make a choice between the three, John Marshall would take the wheel and an open road. On today’s episode, we get to glean from the manifold experiences he’s had in these diverse professions. Along with his fascinating story, John brings valuable insight for current and future driveaway truckers. You don’t want to miss our conversation with John Marshall on today’s episode of the #SixFigureTrucker.
- Welcoming athlete, auctioneer, and truck driver, John Marshall (1:21)
- He’s almost been everywhere (6:10)
- Manual or Automatic Transmissions? (9:02)
- Becoming an Auctioneer and running an Auction Enterprise (14:05)
- From Auctioneering to Real Estate (22:30)
- The current Real Estate Climate (26:02)
- Three jobs, one love – the open roads and a Truck (31:28)
- His name and family (35:30)
- Money talks on the Load Board at Norton Transport (37:10)
- Lessons learned in 12 years over the road (42:48)
- The challenge and fulfillment in John’s three worlds (48:25)
- John’s unique Advice to potential Truck Drivers (54:23)
- As we wrap, our Auctioneer Sells a Truck Live! (55:06)
Keep Truckin’ John!
The Six-Figure Trucker is a weekly conversation that shares the strategies and stories that successful drivers have used to build lucrative careers in the driveaway trucking industry brought to you by Norton Transport.