We never cease to be amazed at the people we meet within the beautiful business of trucking. The men and women who sit behind the wheel of trucks across this country are impossible to stereotype. Today’s guest is a great example. Shantel Chandler is a 10-year veteran of Driveaway and is a lady who loves the open roads. In the quiet privacy of a cab, she connects with God and relishes the opportunity to experience the various sights, sounds, and cultures of His world. But that’s just on the weekends and summers. You see, throughout the school year, Shantel drives a bus where she does far more than just safely delivering children. It’s more of a mission than a job, as she deeply cares for the kids she transports. In fact, the route she chose is one that regularly picks up children who are homeless. When those kids get on her bus, there’s a McDonald’s bag on their seat most mornings – she just has to ensure that her kids aren’t starting their school day on an empty stomach. But that’s not all there is to know about Shantel Chandler. On top of all of this, she’s a world-class chef who runs a thriving catering business and is currently preparing to open her own restaurant. We have no idea how she pulls all of it off, and we’re so pleased to get a few minutes of her valuable time for today’s conversation. Prepare to be inspired as you listen to this episode of the #SixFigureTrucker.
- Shantel ensures that the wheels on the bus go round and round (1:34)
- 10 years of Peace and Profit in Driveaway on Weekends and Summers (4:30)
- She’s a Hero on a mission to save kids by means of her school bus (10:04)
- Heading North of the Border with Norton (15:42)
- More than a driver, this Girl can Cook! (18:29)
- Shantel shares her journey to and blessings in life behind the Wheel (24:18)
- Balancing multiple careers and a loving Family (28:00)
- Shantel pitches Driveaway and offers excellent Wisdom as we wrap (30:28)
Keep Truckin’ Shantel!
The Six-Figure Trucker is a weekly conversation that shares the strategies and stories that successful drivers have used to build lucrative careers in the driveaway trucking industry brought to you by Norton Transport.