He was broke. So broke that he had to quit smoking just to have enough money to eat. But, just two weeks shy of declaring bankruptcy, our guest today made the change of his life. He quit his job and made the leap to driveaway. Bryan Bonar quickly found freedom with himself as his boss and the open road in front of him. In a matter of months, he went from broke to boss! That was 20 years ago and, needless to say, he never looked back. He did eventually quit smoking, but this time money had nothing to do with it. He made that call the way he lives every day, on his own terms. We’re privileged today to hear from a veteran Six-Figure Trucker who knows what it’s like to live under the stress of lean times. But, lean days have a way of feeding a hunger for freedom and the fullness of life. Bryan Bonar has found both in the open roads of driveaway! Don’t miss today’s captivating episode of the #SixFigureTrucker.
- We catch up with Bryan at his home in KC, fresh off a finished load (0:47)
- Bryan talks about the pros and cons of the New “Horses” on the open road (2:23)
- The Expert breaks down some trucking terminology for us (6:25)
- Techniques to Decking and Undecking various new and used Trucks (13:28)
- Bryan unloads on some of his Worst Experiences out on the road (18:10)
- From nearly Bankrupt to Six Figures – Bryan shares his life-changing journey to Driveaway (25:36)
- Be Your Own Boss! Stay safe and see the World on your own schedule (30:33)
- Riding Ingenuity, Preparation, and Patience to stress-free driving over the road (35:26)
- Serious Credential and Substantial Experience (40:01)
- From Car Shows to the Grand Canyon, you have to take time for fun (46:52)
- Six Figures and Freedom – Bryan’s story and advice that will get you there (48:50)
- Get Paid doing what you Love to do! (52:00)
Keep Truckin’ Bryan!
The Six Figure Trucker is a weekly conversation that shares the strategies and stories that successful owner-operators have used to build lucrative careers in the trucking industry.