When asked about the kind of truck she prefers, our guest today offered this response: “I like a manual shift. You know, the old-school Peterbuilts and Kenworths. But, every truck I drive is different, and I just like that I’m driving a truck.” Those, my friends, are the words of a bona fide trucker. Carrie Keyes is the real deal. In her more than 25 years behind the wheel, she has driven everything from dump trucks to city buses to tractor-trailers. And she’s run the gamut of businesses behind those trucks as well. So, when someone like her says she’s found the industry’s pot of gold, it carries weight. In addition to the wealth of knowledge and insight packed into this episode, Carrie Keyes will share why Driveaway proved to be her Promised Land from which she’ll never return. This is an episode of #SixFigureTrucker that you can’t afford to miss.
- We catch up with Carrie with her coffee outside of Denver (1:04)
- The 5 Rule – Carrie’s secret to stress-free living (10:07)
- From CB Radios to Cell Phones – communication on the road (14:00)
- The True Freedom of Driveaway (16:22)
- Carrie shares her journey in the Trucking industry (22:00)
- Finding her Promised Land in Driveaway (28:00)
- She likes the Old School Manual…but in the end, she just likes Trucks! (34:10)
- Share some Drinks at the SFT Bar with John and Carrie (37:10)
- Her character, intelligence, and love for driving make Carrie an incredible member of our Norton team (42:45)
Keep Truckin’, Carrie!
The Six Figure Trucker is a weekly conversation that shares the strategies and stories that successful drivers have used to build lucrative careers in the trucking industry.