As the saying goes, it takes 10,000 hours to master a particular skill. Well, if that’s the case, our guest today became a master trucker back in the Eighties! Hal B. Faris has been on the road for 40 years. Over the last four decades behind the wheel, Hal has gained the kind of experience you can’t learn from a course or a book. On today’s episode, Hal talks about the incredible advances that have been made in the industry over his career and shares valuable advice about topics like safety and planning. His wisdom and expertise permeate our conversation, which culminates in him saying that he wouldn’t trade driveaway trucking for anything. Coming from a 40-year vet, we think that’s a pretty big deal. Join us as we welcome Hal B. Faris to the show on this episode of the #SixFigureTrucker.
- We catch up with Hal and grab some winter weather wisdom (0:40)
- “If you don’t feel safe, don’t do it” (10:04)
- Getting to know the family of Hal Faris (17:00)
- The importance of good observation along with Pre and Post-trip inspections (18:00)
- The broken and beautiful scenes Hal witnessed in his 40 years over the road (20:51)
- How the Trucking industry has evolved for the better in 40 years (25:00)
- Hal shares great insight into how he approaches decking and undecking trucks (30:00)
- Comparing Singles with Decking in Driveaway (33:40)
- Sheep Farming is a side hustle that is also a hobby for Hal and his wife (35:11)
- Hal’s choice of good Audio and great Eats over the road (38:31)
- Hal pitches the variety and value of Driveaway trucking (45:00)
Keep Truckin’, Hal!
The Six Figure Trucker is a weekly conversation that shares the strategies and stories that successful drivers have used to build lucrative careers in the trucking industry.