The stereotypical image of a truck driver doesn’t usually involve great hair, fancy nails, and shoes that match the outfit. But, don’t be fooled by appearances. While our guest today certainly puts glam behind the wheel, she also puts Six Figures in her pocket as a professional in this space. We talk with Julie Johnson today and hear how her love for driving and a keen sense of business has found a home with Norton Transport and driveaway. Make no mistake about it, this gal belongs. Glean some valuable advice as you listen to how Julie broke into this industry without a CDL and has navigated her way to a successful career over the road on this week’s episode of #SixFigureTrucker.
This episode includes:
- No CDL No problem – Julie’s unique opportunity in driveaway (1:39)
- Hear why customers want Julie driving their trucks (5:41)
- Being her own boss enables Julie to care for her family (8:31)
- Julie shares two valuable pieces of advice for any driver (11:30)
- An App for that – two apps every trucker should have (14:24)
- Stranded! Adventures in driveaway (19:30)
- Breaking barriers – the growing number of lady drivers (22:30)
- Makin’ it Rain – Julie’s path to Six Figures in Driveaway (24:21)
- A Passion to Drive (30:46)
- You’re Family with Norton…and prosperous to boot (36:20)
- Breathtaking Sights over the road (43:38)
- SFT Eats with Julie Johnson (46:02)
Keep Truckin’ Julie!
The Six Figure Trucker is a weekly conversation that shares the strategies and stories that successful truck drivers have used to build lucrative careers in the trucking industry.